protecting your privacy. We recognise that your personal information is
confidential and that it is important for you to know how we handle,
gather, store and use your personal information. By entering any of our
stores, using our website, mobile site, apps or store Wi-Fi or
participating in our database and promotions, you acknowledge that your
personal information will be treated in accordance with the details of
1. WHAT IS CONSIDERED PERSONAL INFORMATION?
this policy, “Personal Information” means the same as it does within
the Privacy Act 1993. In general terms, this includes any information
that can be used to personally identify you. This may include (but is
not limited to) your name, age, gender, address, contact details
(including phone numbers and email addresses) and possibly financial
information, including your payment information. If the information we
collect personally identifies you, or you are reasonably identifiable
from it, then the information is considered personal information.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
· Mailing or street address
· Email address
· Telephone number
Details of the products and services you have purchased from us or
which you have enquired about, together with any additional information
necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your
Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us
directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our website
or online presence through our representatives or otherwise; and
information you provide to us through our customer contact centre or
customer surveys, or that is publicly available
Your personal information will be held by Huddleston Ltd T/A Comfast WiFI
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to enable
us to perform our business activities, and to provide the best possible
quality of customer service. Any information that we collect will not
be used in ways that you have not consented to. Your personal
information will not be shared, sold, rented or disclosed other than as
Comfast WiFi collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the following purposes:
· To provide products and services to you
· To provide you with information or advice about existing and new products and services
· To communicate with you and process your requests
· To manage and enhance our products and services
· To personalise and customise your experience
· To provide you with access to secure areas of our websites
· To provide to third parties including Eway for Credit Card Processing
To investigate if we have reason to suspect a breach of any of our
terms and conditions or any suspected unlawful activity; and/or as
required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
4. WHAT HAPPENS IF WE ARE NOT ABLE TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you choose not to provide us with the personal information described within this policy, then:
· We may not be able to provide you with the product or services you have requested, either to the same standard or at all
We may not be able to provide you with information about products or
services that you may want, including information about discounts, sales
or special promotions
· We may not be able to tailor our content, website and communications for your preferences.
5. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We do this in a variety of ways, including through:
Your access and use of our website, and communications, including your
registration details and information relating to your use of the website
and the services, such as the content you access
Your conversations or email or interaction, between you and our
Customer Service Representatives, whether in store or at our Contact
· Your completion of an application for a product purchase or service purchase.
You agree that we may also collect personal information from third parties from time to time.
“cookie” is a small text file that is placed on a device when it is
browsing a website to enable the host of the website to store
information about use of the website by that device. Comfast WiFi uses
cookies and similar technologies for the following key purposes:
To recognise your computer or device and greet you each time you visit
our website, without bothering you with a request to register or log-in
· To keep track of products or services you view, so that we can send you news about those products or services
To measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of our websites
have been visited, and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate
· To research our users’ habits so that we can improve our online products and services
· To operate our websites efficiently with a high level of functionality
· To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives
To learn about customer preferences so that we can present customers
with web content and advertising that is relevant to them
· To measure the number of advertising referrals we have received to our websites from other websites
· To produce data on web traffic and customer web activity through our website.
not wish to allow cookies then you can choose to disable cookies (for
all sites) from within your browser settings.
7. WHAT MAY WE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
may use the information we collect to help us to provide products and
services to you, to verify your identity, and to occasionally notify you
about important functionality changes to our website.
may send you marketing communications and information about products
and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These
communications may be sent via email in accordance with applicable
at any stage you no longer wish to receive these notifications you may
opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by using the
opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link in a promotional
email) or contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org
you receive communications from us that you believe have been sent to
you other than in accordance with this policy, or in breach of any law,
please contact us.
do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the
purposes of direct marketing unless expressly authorised by you.
Personal Information is information about an identifiable individual, as defined by the Privacy Act 1993.
8. DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR MARKETING?
use personal information to provide you with information or advice
about our existing and new products and services. We will not collect
usage data or target advertisements based on the following market
· Political opinions
· Membership of a political association
· Religious beliefs or affiliations
· Philosophical beliefs
· Membership of a trade union
· Sexual preferences or practice
· Criminal record
· Health information.
9. HOW DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
may disclose your personal information to our employees, for the
operation of our websites or our business, and for the specific purpose
of fulfilling requests by you, and to provide products and services to
you, and where we are permitted to under the Privacy Act.
Comfast WiFI utilises third parties to undertake services, we may
provide those third parties with some of your information if it is
required to fulfil those services and only to the extent required to
fulfil those services. Examples of such third party providers may
Service providers such as web hosting providers, IT systems
administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors,
photographic analysers, data entry service providers, electronic network
administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as
accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
· Software providers such as customer relationship management, and accounting software
· Existing or potential suppliers, business partners or joint venture entities or partners
· Sponsors, or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services
· Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us